Thursday, November 26, 2009

My EDM310 Summary! =)



blogs- the blogs have helped me keep up with my work in edm310 and also being able to see other people's blogs from around the world.

wikis- I believe that wikis are a way to have a website or being able to edit a website.

presentations- The presentations that we had to do helped each of us with our public speaking.

Google Docs-- This is a way to save your work online, which by the way is a genius invention!! How cool is it that you can pull your work up online ANYWHERE you are. It is very convenient!! I will definitly keep using google docs when I become a teacher.

Google spreadsheets- Anytime you need to keep track with data or polls this is a great way! Its also available anywhere that you can pull up the internet.

Picasa- This is a great and neat way to edit and resize your photos. provided by google.

podcasts- A podcast is a series of digital media files (either audio or video) that are released and downloaded through web. The class had an assignment to do a podcast and my partners and I made a video of Randy Pauchs last speech. Which is provided below in a previous post.

videocasts- The term is used to distinguish between podcasts which most commonly contain audio files and those referring to the distribution of video where the RSS feed is used as a non-linear TV channel to which consumers can subscribe using a PC, TV, set-top box, media center or mobile multimedia device.

YouTube- I use Youtube just about everyday. It is so educational and also very entertaining. You can find just about anything on the website! From Songs to movie trailors, even educational speeches. I will keep using Youtube throughout my teaching years!!

Twitter, I just started getting into twitter recently. But I dont use it for educcational purposes yet, I mainly use it to check up on celebrities. =) I know in the future it will be more easier to use and more entertaining, because im thinking I can post up on my website what I have planned for the kids that day. Then that way the childrens parents can get on and check it out! =) sound like a good idea???

other teachers and students outside of our region-I think this is one of my favorite things that I've done in EDM310. It was a very educational experience getting to see other students around the world and letting them see ours!!

comments4kids- Having to comment on other students work from across the world was really neat. They do not even know me but yet I am commenting on their work. And i get to see what the other students are writing about. I Loved it. If I am able to have some sort of connection with computers I would definitly try to keep this going and let my students do the same thing.

iTunes and iTunesU- iTunes is a way to download music for a small fee, but not only can you downloadm music but you can get the whole album. Books are also available! Podcasts and Videocast are available as well. iTunes U is a way to dowload lectures from college professors. So in case you miss your lecture for the day just get online and download it! This option is not available for all universities yet. But im sure it wont be long before it is everywhere!!!

Google forms- This task allows you to create a poll or quiz. Its very easy to make! I know I will keep using Google Forms throughout my teaching experience. It's to easy not to!! =)

data bases- This allows you to keep track with data!

Google Earth- A Map literally of EARTH and whereever you want to go. It's really COOL!! I know my little 1st graders would find this interesting!! =)

Delicious Delicious Bookmarks is the official Firefox add-on for Delicious, the world's leading social bookmarking service (formerly del.icio.us). It integrates your bookmarks and tags with Firefox and keeps them in sync for easy, convenient access.

ACCESS- The State of Alabama will provide equal access to high quality instruction to improve student achievement through distance learning.

Foliotek- foloteck is extremely comfusing, and Im not really sure what exactly it is. I know that we have to upload all of our work to it because of our EDUCATION major.

technological literacy- I think it is important to be good with technology if teaching is in your future because we are going to be teaching the future!!! We need to be able to teach them so that they can know about technology as well. The world is only getting more advanced. =)

the future of schools- The future of our schools is one word...TECHNOLOGY!! We may not even have to go to school one day, we will just have to log on to the internet, and that will be it! School will be online! But if not then I know there will definitly be smartboards In every school room, and maybe there will even be a requirement to have an iphone!! =)

**** This class has excited me a few times, I mean realisticly college classes do not excite me!! HOWEVER, Talking with Kaia's father was really EXCITING!!
****Intellectually challenging was Everything in this class in my opinion. This class really stressed me out at times. Just because I had to actually go figure out through videos how to put links or pictures on my page. I actually had to figure it out. =( STRESSFUL at times. But I made it!
****I can honestly say that I never had a problem going to this class because I never got bored there was always something to catch up on.
****I can't really think of anything to change in this class. Your doing a great Job Dr. Strange. =D
****I think that I am pretty good with technology. I am definitly not the best, and I for sure need to learn more. But I feel I am good enough to handle a task that I am given!
****to keep learning about technology I will probably keep up with Dr. Strange and his blogs and also do my own research!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers