Saturday, August 22, 2009

Did You Know?/Mr.Winkle Wakes

Well I will be honest, I put this off until the last minute because I was afraid the videos were going to be boring. But this Video was very interesting. My little sister (12 years old) even liked it. The information was very interesting. I think its crazy that so many people have a MYSPACE. I mean if myspace were a country it would be the 5th largest! That is alot of people!! I was shocked that the number of text messages sent and received everyday, exceeds the total population of the planet. Its crazy that the information students learn will be outdated within the next three years of learning it. What is the point?
Technology is growing tremendously. We have computers/Robots helping out and performing during surgeries now. I wonder what will be next? By 2013 a supercomputer will be built that exceeds the computational capabilities of the human brain. I really enjoyed knowing the things that were taking place throughout the world during the video, such as the births in the U.S., China and India. And also how 694,000 songs were being download illegaly. I enjoyed this video. =)

I enjoyed Mr. Winkle Wakes as well. Its true, technology is growing SOOO fast!! As i mentioned above we have robots performing surgeries now. Its really neat how people are able to communicate now through computers and actually looking at each other. Technology has made this life alot of fun, but in a way im concerned with how far the technology is gonna go. I mean what will they create next?? It's kinda scary in a way. I don't want a robot as a doctor. However i do think that the technology we have now can help us cure more sicknesses. But as many things change it is true that school has remained the same, even though we have smart boards in our classrooms. =) haha...Its still the same ol' "teacher-to-student" lectures most of the time.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think you get it. Just installing a SMARTBoard doesn't necessarily change the way teachers teach. It's not simply about installing technology, it's about putting technology in the hands of students and reaching a higher level of thinking and collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Mr. Needleman's comments. You know who he is, don't you?

    ReplyDelete

Followers